19 Good Topics To Investigate In A Dissertation On Medieval History
Medieval history is a big area that needs profound researching. If you write a dissertation in this area, you have plenty of subjects to choose. Yet, choosing a topic for your project, you need to keep in mind several important things.
What Is a Good Dissertation Topic?
A good dissertation topic allows you to perform research in certain areas that require special attention. When choosing a dissertation topic, make sure that it hasn’t yet been explored heavily. There is no worse choice for a research than a topic that has already been studied through and through. That is, you need to pick out an area or an opinion that still sound rather fresh. It’s just great if you can provide a new point of view on certain things. If you cannot create a topic on your own or in a cooperation with your supervisor, search for interesting ideas in libraries or on the Internet. It’s very likely that you will find something interesting or that, at least, you will catch some inspiration.
Below, you can see 19 interesting topics that are dedicated to the medieval history.
- The importance of the medieval epoch in the history of the humanity.
- The development of the first universities in the medieval Europe.
- Religions and traditions of the pre-Columbian American civilizations.
- The Jesuits. Truth and tales.
- The Utopian thinking as a phenomenon of the medieval philosophy.
- The interactions between the religion and science in the medieval Europe.
- Modernization of the medieval scholastic intellectual culture with the help of Francis Bacon’s theory.
- Jean Calvin’s main ideas and their meaning for the development of the Christian religion.
- The peculiarities of the political genesis in African countries to the south of the Sahara desert.
- Social and psychological transformations of the medieval Chinese society.
- Early medieval Ireland: mythologization of the state power.
- Clovis and Theoderic: the peculiarities of development of barbarian kingdoms.
- The reflection of the medieval historical thinking in the views of Niccolo Machiavelli.
- The religious aspects in the works of Dante Alighieri and John Milton: the evolution of Christianity during the medieval epoch.
- Social and psychological characteristics of the medieval epoch in the works of Durer and Bosch.
- A medieval Eastern city (the problems of historiography).
- Hinduism and castes in the medieval India.
- Women in medieval crusades: their role in the success and failure.
- Sufism in the medieval epoch: its appearance and development.